Colonial Pemaquid Fort William Henry
Sunday, July 15 – Bremen, on Biskay Pond
Mary Berger is looking forward to hosting our July 15 day of recreation, lunch, and a board meeting. (This is a change in location from Cindy Foster’s South Bristol home.)
Mary’s lake-side home is located at 163 Fogler Road in Bremen, Maine. Come to kayak, hike, bike, swim, sight-see locally, or whatever else appeals to you.
note: Corrected address: 163 Fogler Road, Bremen, ME
Lunch at 1:00 will be burgers and dogs with sides, salads and desserts brought by attending members. Elise and Jay Gebhardt are taking charge of the lunch, and an RSVP would be appreciated so they can plan accordingly. Please email Elise at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 508-259-3042 if you intend to join us.
At 2:00pm, we will hold our quarterly board meeting, at which all members are welcome. If you have any items for the agenda, please contact Joe Loughran at email@example.com.
Here are some things you could do that morning:
- Join a group of paddlers at Mary’s for a 10:00 am paddle on Biscay Pond, a narrow pond 4 miles in length. Or head out earlier for a paddle from Mary’s south to Bristol Mills or northward into Pemaquid Pond.
- Bike from Mary’s on paved, narrow and winding roads around Biscay Pond, for a distance of 10 miles.
- Visit Pemaquid Point Lighthouse: https://www.bristolmaine.org/
- Visit Colonial Pemaquid, a National Historic Landmark: http://www.
- Hike the trails of the Pemaquid Watershed Association: http://www.pemaquidwatershed.
org/land-2/preserves-trails/Click on the airplane in the top right corner of the site to take an aerial tour of the watershed.
- The Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens opens at 9am and is less than an hour from Mary’s: www.mainegardens.org
- Swim in Biscay Pond!
This is a rain or shine event. Mary can accommodate us inside her home if need be for lunch and the meeting.
Hope you can join us!
~ Cindy Foster, Secretary