We are excited to offer five ski trips for 2020, with variety as well. You will find general information below about all of the trips, and the schedule of emails about the trips and reservations.
* Each trip will also require a $50 per person reservation fee for CVOA.
* All prices are per person, double occupancy.
* Reservations will be prioritized by postmarked date.
* Priority will be given to CVOA members current as of April 30, 2019.
* As in the past, there are often options for handling your own air and transfers, room upgrades, and various lift ticket options.
* (Exception: Val Gardena package has no changes possible, other than getting your own lift ticket.)
Austrian Nordic Ski Trip
January 18-25, 2020
CVOA member Pam Twaddel has worked out the details of this new trip! She is very familiar with the area, and has a lot to share.
The anticipated package price of $885 does not include airfare.
— 6 nights at Hotel Trofana, in the Leutasch Valley
— Daily Breakfast, Dinner and afternoon snacks
— Ski ticket
— Private transfer from the Munich airport
Airfare options are varied, and currently show non-stop flights from Boston to Munich for $900. Fly out of Boston on Saturday night, Jan. 18, and arrive in Munich Sunday morning, Jan. 19.
Experience some of the finest Nordic skiing in Europe: The Leutasch Valley is located northwest of Innsbruck, in the Tirol region of Austria, surrounded by the Wetterstein and Karwendal Mountains. Known as the Olympia Region Seefeld, the two valleys of Seefeld and Leutasch have hosted 2 Olympics, in ‘56 and ‘76, as well as the World Championships. With over 150 miles of groomed cross-country trails, and over 140 miles of cleared winter walking trails, it is a wonderful area to enjoy Nordic skiing at its best. There are trails for all levels of skiers, with long flat valleys, or winding hills through the woods, including the 25 kilometer Olympic loop. Skiing to a cozy mountain hut, or to the busy ski town of Seefeld for lunch, are wonderful ways to spend a winter day! Or take in an afternoon hike and stop for some gluhwine, a local specialty of warm spiced wine, or a fresh piece of apple strudel. Other activities in the area include rodeling (sledding), horse drawn sleigh rides, curling, or just relaxing after a day of skiing. The hotel Trofana, located in the small village of Obern, offers a wellness room with sauna and steam rooms. Massage is available as well.
If you are intrigued by this trip, and might consider joining the small group of 12, contact Pam at email@example.com or 207-542-7131.
Val Gardena, Dolomites, Italy
January 24 – February 1
(with optional 2-night pre-trip extension)
Trip Leader: Mike Parker
Note: this trip is offered as a package, and no variations or exceptions will be possible.
Limited to 30 people
Package cost $1,785 p.p., d.o.
* Round trip air Boston to Milan via Lufthansa Air
* 7 nights’ accommodations at Hotel Digon in Ortisei, Italy
* Breakfast and dinner daily at Hotel Digon
* NOT INCLUDED: Lift Ticket
Pre-Trip Extension (add $245) limit 16 people
January 22 – 25
* Round trip air on Lufthansa, transfers
* Two nights at Hotel Sempione, Milan, Italy
* Breakfast (only) at Hotel Sempione
Park City/Deer Valley
February 1 – 8
Trip Leader: Cindy Foster
Package cost: $1,945 p.p., d.o.
* Round trip air Boston to Salt Lake City via non-stop Delta Airlines
* 7 nights’ lodging at the Park City Peaks Hotel – (regular shuttle service to mountains)
* Full breakfast daily
* Lift pass: 4 days at Park City; 1 day at Deer Valley
Jackson Hole, Wyoming
February 26 to March 4
Trip Leader: Bonnie Farrar
Package Price approx. $1,775
* Round trip air Boston to Jackson via United
* 7 nights at the newly remodeled 49’er Hotel – Downtown location, shuttle bus to mountain
* Continental breakfast daily
* Five-day lift ticket
* Possible day at Grand Targhee